Terms of Business
- By booking a tour with Stately Travel you are deemed to have read and accepted the following Stately Travel’s Terms of Business.
- Once you have made your booking, confirmation of the details will be sent to you by e mail – this will include information on pick up location, the time of pick up, the number of people participating in the tour, the venues to be visited on your tour, what the price includes and excludes and the approximate duration of the tour.
- E mail correspondence from Stately Travel will form part of your contract with Stately Travel.
- A £250 non-refundable deposit will be paid on booking. Payment in full must be received by Stately Travel at least fourteen days in advance of the commencement of the tour. No refund will be given in the last twenty one days prior to the tour.
- Payment of the outstanding amount may be made by BACS or via Paypal. Details of how to make payment will be sent to you by email.
- In the event that Stately Travel has to cancel your booking, we will give you as much notice as reasonably possible. Should no mutually convenient alternative date be agreed, a full refund of the tour cost will be made. Under no circumstances will Stately Travel be responsible for any other direct or indirect losses arising from the cancellation.
- Stately Travel has £10 million of Public Liability Insurance cover – if this is inadequate for you and your party in aggregate, it is your responsibility to arrange for such additional cover as you may require.
- It is recommended that you have your own travel insurance in place as no refund will be issued within the twenty one day period prior to the date of the tour if you cancel your booking as the car will not be hired out to any other party for that date.
- Whilst the Bentley S1 was considered a luxury car in 1959, it is not equipped with an anti- lock braking system, traction control, rear seat belts or air bags. By agreeing to these terms, you are deemed to have accepted this position.
- In the event of a breakdown, a replacement car will be despatched immediately so that as far as possible your tour itinerary can be fulfilled. Should your itinerary not be fulfilled, a refund will be given or an alternative date arranged.
- Any deliberate or negligent damage to the interior or exterior of the vehicle caused by a member of your party will be repaired at your expense. It is at the sole decision of Stately Travel as to who carries out the repair works. You will be liable for any subsequent losses incurred by Stately Travel as a result of the vehicle being repaired.
- Stately Travel shall not be liable for any damage to or loss of personal property suffered by any member of your party.
- There is a strict no smoking policy when inside the vehicle.
- Every effort shall be made to ensure any tour shall run timeously and without delay, however, no guarantee will be given to you and any losses as a result of a delay will not be compensated by Stately Travel.
- Force Majeure. Stately Travel will not be liable for any failure or delay beyond Stately Travel’s reasonable control including serious vehicle malfunction.
- It is at the sole discretion of the Driver if any member of your party is acting in a dangerous or threatening manner, the tour shall not continue and the driver reserves the right to refuse to carry any member of your party who acts in such a manner.
Revised May 2015